Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fairytale dream

I’ve been thinking about this series for quite a while maybe a year to be exact. This is the first one of this series… funny thing is that this is the one I though never would happen. To find an elf model and learn  the Photoshop skill to pull it off gave me a lot of confidence that the others shoots will happen.

And to add a whole lot of icing on the cake
After I shared some of the photos along with a group of more recent shots with one of my mentors she responded with a message that brought tears to my eyes. I was blown away by her comment so I asked her if I could share.

“Natalie, those are wonderful! It is not easy to take a concept like that and find a way for it to communicate without being cheesy, but you've done it. I think there is an element of fantasy and mystique in your strongest images, even the head shots. You have a style that is almost cinematic, like movie stills. I think maybe that concept is one to embrace and use it to help with the idea of content and context. I think you've come a LONG way in the last few months.”

Thank you so much to my Model Eryn and Crystel  for my hair and makeup





No comments: