This weekend I decided to dig out these 2 old coffee tables ?! night tables!? Not sure what they are
I can't remember where I got them but they have been useful over the years but let's face it they are ugly and one was completely broken
(broken door, damage to the fake wood and handles would not stay on).
I was planning to document the whole process whether it failed or not but I was having so much fun I totally forgot .... I know bad me.
I promise to make a tutorial in the future PINKY SWEAR.
My aim was to learn new techniques and make both look completely different. on the good one, I decided to play safe and decided to try glazing and new distressing techniques. Glazing is much more difficult than I was expecting. I painted it gray and then added a dark brown glaze and at the end, it did turn out beautifully and it fits in my spare bedroom perfectly.
I do not use fancy paints I just use whatever I have on hand. the only time I will use a specific paint is if a customer requests it
Now for the unicorn puke, I have been admiring the Boho style of paining for a long time and watched countless youtube videos on it. I was fully prepared to fail on this. every tutorial I had seen on it recommended clay-based paint which I didn't have, so my broken table was going to be my guinny pig.
my results are in my opinion outstanding, I am so proud of myself. I had to change the technique that other people used because of the paint I used. which was leftovers from my daughter's constant change of her bedroom over the years. I have to admit it exceeded my expectations.
So a trip to the home hardware was needed to see if I could fix the door and the rest.
I NEEDED to salvage my unicorn.... Guess what I did and it's just as good as the other one now
I'm very happy with how both turned out
***** for residents of grande cache only , I'm giving away the unicorn table, all you have to do to be eligible to win is head on over to my Facebook page ( link is at the top of the page) and comment on the giveaway post ....GOOD LUCK *******











No comments:
Post a Comment